Hibiscus tea, it's healthy tea, that contains a lot of antioxidants, It have many names around the world like “Rosa de jamaica”, bissap , gudhal, soobolo.
For the people who drinks green tea, in the market we can found brands of tea that have mixed green tea and hibiscus, I have tried one of these tea, and I really liked, we know that the type of tea does´t loose green tea benefits, so we can change flavors without worry about it.
Here are some benefits and side effects of these beverage:
Hibiscus tea benefits
- Contain high levels of antioxidants.
- It is a natural diuretic.
- Contains vitamin C and minerals.
- Help with blood pressure.
- Cholesterol maintenance.
- Weight loss.
- Some people do experience slight nausea
- Excess hibiscus interferes with female fertility and childbearing.
- Hibiscus can interact with some medications.
Hibiscus-Honey Iced Tea Recipe
- 6 hibiscus tea bags
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (from 8 to 10 limes)
- 1 cup light rum (optional)
In a large heatproof pitcher, combine tea bags, honey, and 5 cups boiling water; let steep 10 minutes. Discard tea bags. Add lime juice, rum (if using), and 3 cups cold water. Refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour (and up to 1 week).Served over ice.